Quick Facts About Oliver's Cafe
Strengths of Oliver's Cafe:
1. Friendly and attentive staff: Customers praise the staff for their friendliness and ability to remember their orders. The personal touch creates a welcoming atmosphere and makes customers feel valued.
2. Good quality and diverse menu: The cafe offers a broad selection of good quality world food at fair prices. The menu is diverse, catering to various tastes and preferences.
3. Renovated space: The recent makeover and addition of a longer, smarter order counter and comfortable seating improve the overall ambiance of the cafe. The armchair by the window is particularly highlighted as a relaxing spot.
4. Chef Antonio's great dishes: The mention of Chef Antonio serving up great pasta and seafood dishes suggests that the cafe has skilled culinary staff who can create delicious meals.
5. Value for money: Customers appreciate that the cafe offers good food at affordable prices, especially considering the location in London.
Weaknesses of Oliver's Cafe:
1. Inconsistent operating hours: One negative comment mentions that the cafe was closed during operating hours, suggesting a lack of consistency in their opening times. This can lead to disappointment and inconvenience for customers.
2. Lack of updated information: Another customer criticizes the lack of updated information online, specifically on Google Maps, stating that the cafe may be permanently closed but there is no indication of it online. This can cause confusion and frustration for potential customers trying to find accurate information.
3. Limited advertisement and visibility: While some customers appreciate the more local and tucked-away nature of the cafe, it can also be a weakness as it may not attract as many new customers or receive wide recognition. This could result in missed opportunities for growth and increased customer base.
Overall, Oliver's Cafe has several strengths, including friendly and attentive staff, a diverse menu, a renovated space, and skilled chefs. However, there are weaknesses related to inconsistent operating hours, lack of updated information, and limited visibility. Addressing these weaknesses could help improve the overall customer experience and attract new patrons to the cafe.
Best PlaceJuice Reviews
A great place to eat in Canning Town & you will now find it open in the evenings until 9pm with Pasta/seafood Chef Antonio serving up some great dishes!
I have wasted my time to go to this place twice already and both times it was completely shut although it was in the middle of operating hours. Don’t waste your time, this place is probably closed permanently but no one bothered to update google maps about it.
I love this friendly little cafe in Canning town. I used to visit perhaps 6 times a year and the Chef always rememberered what my favourite order was. I haven't been able to visit for 2 years until today (January 22) and I walked in and he immediately recognised me. The waitress came over, and as I started to explain what I would like she smiled and completed my sentence with my order in full. I laughed and she explained that he remembered. Anyway, they have had a little makeover since I visited last adding a longer, smarter order counter top and some very comfortable seating. Try the armchair by the window - very relaxing. The same cosy un-pretentious atmosphere, the same friendly staff and the same broad selection of good quality world food at fair prices. Thank you Oliver's Garden (as the sign now says - previously Oliverss cafe).
Lovely place in Canning Town. Jo is an excellent host and chef Antonio is serving some incredible good food. I will visiting back for sure.
I love this cafe. Always serves good food and cheep for London
Oliver's has been renovated since my last visit in early 2020. The same friendly staff are there now (November 2021). Good menu choice, good food and value.
Banging mixed grill served up by the man Ali!
If you live close to Canning Town station and you have not yet had a breakfast here on a Sunday, I feel sorry for you. You should go there tomorrow morning and treat yourself to a Mediterranean breakfast. The beauty of living in London is not just that it’s a city rich in it’s history, it’s where we are headed, who we have become and what we are right now, we are a culturally rich city, you will find all kinds of people, cultures and cuisines in London and it’s served here sometimes better than where it comes from. This cafe is a perfect example, the Greek yogurts you have here with different kinds of breads and toasts. The omelettes, honey, scrambles, teas, sausages and cheeses served here in breakfast are beyond delicious, refreshing or good, they are an experience! It’s like your sitting on the Mediterranean basin, the breakfast here reminds me of those 5* restaurants and hotels of Thira & Zakynthos. It’s a small hidden gem, near Canning Town station, you won’t see it massively advertised, it’s local, it’s tucked away, the people that go here are regular customers or passers.
Oliver's Cafe Info
How to go there
15. Mash & Barrel