Quick Facts About New Dragon Buffet
New Dragon Buffet Place has received a mixture of positive and negative comments from customers. In order to thoroughly analyze the strengths and weaknesses of the restaurant, the comments can be summarized as follows:
Strengths: 1. Good value for families: One customer mentioned that the restaurant offers free meals for children with the purchase of an adult meal, making it affordable for families.
2. Some dishes are good: Another customer noted that there were some really good dishes, suggesting that the restaurant has the ability to prepare certain items well.
3. Sushi and egg drop soup: One customer expressed their love for the sushi and egg drop soup at the restaurant, implying that these specific items are of high quality.
4. Improvements to the menu: A customer who revisited the restaurant after it underwent a change in ownership praised the improvements made to the menu, particularly highlighting the wonton soup and hibachi grill.
Weaknesses: 1. Poor food quality: Several customers complained about the quality of the food, describing it as "gross," "disgusting," and "awful." They mentioned that the food did not taste right, had a bad aftertaste, and was dry and old.
2. Lack of flavor: Some customers mentioned that certain dishes were hot but lacked flavor, indicating a lack of seasoning or proper preparation.
3. Sanitation issues: Multiple customers raised concerns about the cleanliness of the restaurant. Complaints included finding flies on the food, 80% of the food being inedible, and a low sanitation rating of 76%. One customer even mentioned experiencing sickness after dining at the restaurant.
4. Inconsistent service: Several customers complained about the service, describing it as bad and rude. They mentioned long waiting times for fresh food, a lack of customer service, and unhelpful cashier interactions.
5. Closure of specific sections: One customer expressed disappointment at the closure of the hibachi grill, suggesting that the restaurant did not inform customers in advance. This indicates a lack of communication or flexibility in adjusting offerings.
Based on these comments, it can be concluded that the strengths of New Dragon Buffet Place lie in its affordability for families, positive experiences in relation to specific dishes (such as sushi and egg drop soup), and improvements made to the menu. However, the restaurant faces significant weaknesses in terms of food quality, lack of flavor in certain dishes, sanitation issues, inconsistent service, and the closure of specific sections without prior notice. These factors negatively impact the overall dining experience and reputation of the restaurant.
Best PlaceJuice Reviews
Food was okay-to-bad quality. Didn't taste right. Sweets had a bad after taste. Shrimp not deveined and weird. I don't like eating animals excrement. Ice cream so old lids stuck to them.Bathroom in Men's room has signs up saying not to flush toilet paper. Trash cans of soiled TP with human waste in mens room. Toilets loose from floor. Made me sick. Threw up twice. Once in restaurant bathroom and after I left. Health department needs to visit.
Dined in with two kids. The kids ( 2 years old) were free with an adult meal. All of the food was hot (or cold) at the correct temperature and there were some really good dishes. Other items were hot but didn’t have a lot of flavor. I will def come back because it was a great value for a family.
The sushi is amazing here! And I personally love the egg drop soup! I’ve only have great experiences coming here to eat and I would definitely recommend it.
Overall very gross food and overpriced, My brother and I ate there for lunch and both of us got really sick afterwards. If you want an Asian buffet, drive to Virginia. Also found out after leaving, the rating behind counter was 76% C.
First visit back here since reopening with a new owner. They've been closed for a couple of months. We have to say, some very nice improvement to the menu! You have to try the wonton soup, best I've ever had! Hibachi grill was also excellent, nice improvement! Several parts of the buffet were standard, but they are offering a better variety. Overall, great visit, we'll be back! It's one price all day Saturday and Sunday, but the rest of the week you get lunch and dinner pricing. I recommend!
Went there again for the first time since the pandemic to get the hibachi grill and it was closed! All they had was the buffet! The buffet is OK, but we really went for the grill. Disappointed because the price didn't drop any at all, spent $27 for lunch. They said it's temporary...
Me and my husband grew up in Elizabeth city and both ate here as kids. We thought we’d give it a shot despite the bad rep it has achieved over the years. It was absolutely disgusting. Food looked awful and tasted even worse. Had to avoid 80% of the food to find some without flies on it. We left after our first plate about 15 minutes in. I have no clue how they’re even open in the state we saw it in. Needs to be shut down
This place is truly awful. My husband and I have came in multiple times and the food was terrible. The service is also bad. The food is almost always dry and old, and when you request fresh, it always takes over twenty minutes- like they didn’t already see they needed to replace said item. The salad bar is a complete joke- it’s just lettuce and cheese. The cashier nine times out of ten is rude and short, no customer service or smile. They changed owners many times, and each time it just gets worse. This was our very last time coming here. Not gonna waste another penny to this place.
Ok so the food looks great. (Some is good but some is very bland or over cooked) The atmosphere is nice. The staff is nice. BUT the cleanliness is an issue. Every single time I have came here . By myself or with my family we ALL get sick. Like extreme. The sanitation rating is only in the 80s. Which I did not see until we left. It could be a nice place. But it's far from that right now still .I will not be going back
New Dragon Buffet Info
Health & safety
|Monday||11:00 AM - 09:30 PM|
|Thursday||11:00 AM - 09:30 PM|
|Friday||11:00 AM - 09:30 PM|
|Sunday||11:00 AM - 09:30 PM|
|Wednesday||11:00 AM - 09:30 PM|
|Tuesday||11:00 AM - 09:30 PM|
|Saturday||11:00 AM - 09:30 PM|
How to go there